The countdown is officially on. It is four days until Christmas! I’m thinking about everything I still have to do, but also everything I really want to do in the spirit of the holidays. Making cookies is definitely at the top of my list! Even though I make cookies throughout the year, I especially love making them during the holiday season, with these walnut crescents being my favorite. I have such wonderful memories growing up and helping my mom make cookies, from cranberry chocolate chip cookies to pecan shortbread, and of course those classic sugar cookies. We’d spend the afternoon baking and then fill colorful holiday tins with cookies layeredbetween parchment paper. It was the best treat to be able to open the tins after dinner and grab one of each kind of cookie!
One thing I can’t wait to do is bake cookies with Augustine and also develop our family favorite recipes. I told myself that I would try at least 2 new cookie recipes this year and see what we think. Maybe they’ll make it into our Hall of Cookie Fame!
12 Christmas Cookies You Have to Try
- Chocolate Chip with Cranberries and Walnuts – similar to the kind my mom made growing up!
- Mexican Wedding Cookie – these cookies are always my favorite, and devoured almost immediately!
- Classic Sugar Cookie – you can’t go wrong!
- Chocolate-Dipped Macadamia Cookies – making me excited for our trip to Hawaii next year!
- Chocolate Gingerbread –
- Chocolate Snowstorms
- Anise Shortbread Sandwich Cookies– this is something Matthew would love!
- Linzer Cookies with Spiced Jam
- Snickerdoodles– Snickerdoodles were one of my Grandma’s favorites!
- Gingerbread Trees with Lemon Icing
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Sandwiches– don’t these look so good?!
- Classic Gingerbread Cookies
All these cookies look so delicious and I can’t wait to spend the weekend baking! If you need a recipe for a holiday party, I hope this list is helpful.
Which cookie would be first in your oven? And do you have a favorite cookie recipe? If you can, please share with me. I would love to make some of your favorites!
P.S. Check out some of my dessert recipes!