Hello friends! We are busy over here getting into our fall routine while also preparing for baby. Can you believe I’m due at the end of October?? The time has simultaneously come up slowly (when I think I found out at the end of February), but it’s also come up so fast! One thing I’m planning on doing before the baby arrives is to prepare a lot of easy freezer snacks and meals. During the postpartum period, I don’t have the energy or ability to cook as much as I’m used to so having simple and healthy foods ready to go is so helpful. Again, our Walmart+ membership is coming in handy! Did you know that members get free same day delivery from your store with no markups? That’s a benefit I’ve loved so much lately, along with saving up to 10 cents on every gallon at over 14k stations nationwide (Fuel discount arise by location & station, subject to change). Being able to get free same delivery (with $35 order minimum) has come in handy more times than you’d know. Especially considering our busy fall schedule plus not feeling like I have the energy to shuffle my pregnant self through the grocery store with two little ones. I ordered some grocery staples to set ourselves up for success during the final countdown to baby, plus do what meal prepping I can.
Here are some of the things I’m making for the postpartum period:
Healthy Breakfast Burritos that I can meal prep for the freezer
I also decided to make some energy balls because during late-night nursing feeds it’s so nice to have a filling, nutrient-dense snack on hand. The one problem: these are SO good that my kids want them too! I’d suggest doubling the recipe or hiding your stash at the back of the fridge or freezer.
These healthy, nutrient-dense energy balls are a family favorite, and they will be a great breastfeeding snack for the postpartum period. They taste like cookie dough, but better for you!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I'm sure almond butter would taste yummy too!)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (I always use a little less than)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (toasted coconut or chopped nuts could work too)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Shape into balls and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Can also be stored in the freezer in an airtight contanier.
I’ve gotten some questions about Walmart+ and how it’s different from other memberships so I thought I’d put this post together to hopefully help you out and make the decision even easier.
HOW IS WALMART+ DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MEMBERSHIPS?
- I feel like while other memberships we have (or have had) are constantly changing their prices, Walmart+ has always been the same. It’s just $12.95/month or $98/year which gives you so many benefits.
- Other memberships sneak in markups on delivery, but the Walmart+ membership gives you the same everyday low prices that you would normally get in a Walmart store delivered for free with no markups.
- Fuel savings! This is a big one! You save up to 10 cents on every gallon 14,000+ fuel stations. No additional purchases necessary! Cue the clapping hands! (Fuel discount varies by location & station. subject to change)
- You get benefits that you’d actually use and savings that are pretty impossible to find anywhere else.
- The latest benefit for members is that you get 6 free months of Spotify Premium! We love Spotify and listening ad free is definitely the way to go! Note that the Spotify benefit isn’t available for trial members or Spotify users who have already tried Premium.
We’ve calculated it before and we can easily save over $1000 a year with the different benefits!
One of the best parts is that if you’re curious about checking out the Walmart+’s membership, they offer a free 30-day trial so you can test it out before committing. It’s a great way to see if it will be a fit for your family!
Walmart has some adorable baby items right now and I had to share some of my find with you all since I have baby on the brain! Every little onesie pattern is so cute and this little lovey would make a precious newborn gift! Every animal is precious!
If any of you have suggestions for other meals to make before the baby arrives, I’d love to hear!
DISCLOSURE: Thank you Walmart+ for being such an amazing partner! All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own. Thanks for supporting my sponsors!