Have you noticed that I’ve been posting new videos to my YouTube? In the process of uploading a new one, I realized I had this video I never posted from before we moved! This healthy, gluten-free granola is one of my favorites and watching this video is inspiring me to make another batch STAT! I am a huge granola girl- the crunchier the better. I love that this version doesn’t have any oats, and is instead made with lots of filling, nutrient-rich ingredients. This granola is amazing with almond milk in the mornings, or as a snack in the afternoons. I even love to have a bowl for dessert!
Check out the video to find out how to make healthy, gluten-free granola!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY, GLUTEN-FREE GRANOLA
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp ginger optional
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients together and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix well and spread out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 1 hour, mixing in between at the 30-minute mark. The granola should be lightly toasted.
optional: after removing from the oven, add 1/4 cup unsweetened fruit like blueberries and cranberries
If you make this recipe, you’ll have to let me know what you think! If you have time, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more videos.