Happy Thursday friends! It’s hard to beleive that Christmas is now less than a week away, and that means the new year (aka 2020!) is less than 2 weeks away! I have to say, I’m really looking forward to the start of the new year but I can’t wait to enjoy the remainder of December. I’m sharing a little bit more about my big plans for the next two weeks and what you can expect from me!
How I’m Planning on Spending the Last 2 Weeks of the Year
SHOP THE POST
One of the things I look forward to most at the end of the year is taking some time off. Working for myself is such a blessing and it means I can take time off when I want to, but do I? Not usually. I think I took about a month off after having Augustine and maybe even less with Corinna. It’s just hard to turn off when you feel passionate about what you do, and also when you feel like you need to maintain certain levels of interest and engagement. This time of year can be especially overwhelming and I feel like I’ve had such little time so far to just stop, relax and enjoy the season. It’s already going by way too quickly! In an effort to spend time with family and friends, celebrate Christmas, and also properly reflect on this past year and plan for the one ahead, I’m going to be taking off some time from posting. I have a post going up tomorrow and a very short one Monday, but then you probably won’t hear from me until January. I’m still not totally sure what I’ll do about Instagram. I might take a break there too, but I might share little bits here and there. Ah, see?! So hard to just turn off.
Here are some of the things on my End of Year To Do List:
- GO THROUGH MY CLOSET – really analyze what clothes I’m wearing and which ones don’t really suit my current lifestyle. Do I keep the 20 pairs of heels? Sadly, probably not.
- MAKE PHOTO BOOKS FOR AUGUSTINE & START ONE FOR CORINNA- This has been on my list of things to do for so so long. I really would love to print out a book with some of our favorite family photos. It seems like the perfect thing to do at the end of the year!
- CLEAR OUT EMAILS- I’ve found a couple of ways to search through old emails and batch delete so I’m going to tackle my inboxes one night and hope for the best. If I haven’t opened an email and it’s been over a year I think I need to delete it! Same goes for old magazines: if I haven’t read it, I’m throwing it away!
- DEVELOP BETTER ORGANIZATION SYSTEMS- I think Matthew and I need a night where we can chat about what’s working in our family organization system and what needs to change. I’m a big fan of the “one touch” rule where you deal with something right away (e.g. you finish a bottle of something and throw it right away instead of letting it sit on your counter), but it is a little harder when you have a busy toddler and baby running & crawling around. We also need to deal with our mail a little more efficiently and effectively. Not wanting to go into the new year with a stacked up entryway table!
- PLAN CONTENT FOR 2020- I love taking a break over the holidays to brainstorm what content I want to share in the new year. Since I’ve been blogging for 10 (!) years now, I feel like I have a good routine down but I also want to really assess if this is the content you all are enjoying most. Fashion, beauty, motherhood, home, recipes. I share a lot from fashion to beauty, motherhood to home, and of course recipes, but the focus is probably most on fashion. I would love to know though which topics you’d be most interested in be covering. Anything in particular that you would like to see/read? Even something you’re not as interested in? I’m all ears!
- RELAX- This shouldn’t be the last thing on my list but usually it is the activity put on the back burner the most often. I would love to just relax though. Watch movies, read a book, journal, and GET TO BED EARLY! That needs to happen most nights I think!
Are you planning on doing anything like this over the next few weeks?? I would love to hear!
For the past few years, we’ve been spending New Year’s Eve at home! It may sound boring, but I really do love ringing in the new year with my sweet family in the home we love so much. 2019 was a really big year for us, so I want to make our celebration a bit more special by dressing up. This maxi dress looks fancy but is literally the most comfortable thing ever. Really, who has time for uncomfortable party dresses?? I rounded up a few other flowy dresses and jumpsuits below that you can wear on New Year’s Eve!
SHOP FLOWY NEW YEAR’S EVE OUTFITS
PSST… THERE’S A GIVEAWAY!
I’ve been doing a bunch of giveaways over the past few weeks as a way of saying thank you for following along this past year. It truly means a lot that you take time out of your day to visit my site, leave comments, like my photos on social media, and send me messages and emails. You all are seriously the best and I feel so lucky to have gotten to know you through this corner of the internet.
For this giveaway, there will be some makeup products from one of my favorite products Jouer! I’m giving away the Exquisite Jewels Best of Lips collection, the new Molten Glow and Funfetti and an Everyday Essential Brush Set with 4 makeup brushes and a makeup blender. To enter all you have to do is like all of my Instagram posts from the last week. When you do, leave a message on the latest post with a snowman emoji. That’s it! If you want an extra entry, you can always tag a friend in my latest Instagram post and tell her about the giveaway. I’ll be announcing all of the giveaway winners in my Sunday newsletter on December 22nd, so stay tuned!
photos by Priscilla Frey