I couldn’t help bringing this velvet dress out over the weekend. Velvet is one of my favorite materials – so soft and gives a hint of luxury. This would be a gorgeous dress to wear to a fall/winter wedding, or really any event. While it has a fancy look to it, don’t be fooled, this dress is incredibly comfortable. I hate those dresses that you feel awkward in all night, like you’re wearing a costume. The ones that make you feel slightly uncomfortable and not like yourself. This dress is not any of those things. If anything, I felt like it was a dress you’d wear home from an event and want to go to sleep in. That’s how comfortable it is. It’s a pretty simple silhouette yet the fluttery sleeves add something extra special. You can see them in action here! Sharing some other velvet dress picks below, along with a round of 10 questions!
SHOP THIS POST
I thought it would be fun to play a round of 10 questions. If you have any time, I’d love to hear your answers too!
- Go-To Coffee Order? Almond Milk Latte with a little cinnamon and a little honey!
- What Would be Your Superpower? Freeze Time. I want to get more accomplished with less time. (Don’t we all??)
- Did you collect anything growing up? SO many things! Bookmarks, matchbooks, stickers, rocks. I was also obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer so I collected pretty much anything that had to do with the show or Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- What is one thing you could eat every day and not get sick of? Chocolate chip cookies or sushi!
- Where would you move if you could? If we’re talking about the US, I think I’d move to Santa Barbara. Matthew would say Hawaii! I think I would want to be close to the water, whether that’s the ocean or a lake.
- Mascara or Lipstick? I used to say lipstick, but after having a baby I’ll say mascara since I’m always getting lipstick marks on Augustine. Mascara would also help me look a little more awake!
- Go-To Dinner? This mushroom grain bowl! Always so satisfying! Or a big salad with red onion, feta cheese, and avocado!
- Dogs or Cats? I’m such a dog lover but I really wanted a cat growing up. My Dad told me if I learned everything there was to know about them, then he would get me one. I remember reading the encyclopedia and finding out everything I could, including how many teeth they had (30 adult, 26 baby).
- Bad Habit You Wish You Could Get Rid Of. Procrastination. I am the worst procrastinator and it always bites me in the butt. I need to be better about getting things done and not waiting until the last minute. Do any of you have any tips for me? Hoping this is something I can work on and change!
- Have You Ever Broken a Bone? No, but I’ve gotten stitches before. When I was little I was making butter from the American Girl Cookbook and the instructions said to shake cream in an empty mayonnaise jar with a marble in it. Sounds like a bad idea, right?? The whole lid fell out and cut my foot. I have a crescent-shaped scar to prove it!
Thanks so much for reading! Hope you have a great day!
SHOP OTHER VELVET DRESSES